Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cheap Travel Deals

Hotwire.com

Have you ever used Hotwire? If not, you've got to check it out by clicking the icon above. I've used Hotwire to score cheap hotel rooms numerous times. I used it last year when Jim and I did a rally from Melbourne Beach to St. Pete Beach. The host hotel was the Crowne Plaza on Melbourne Beach. The discounted rate for rally participants was about $125 but I was able to get it through Hotwire for about $89.

The way Hotwire works is you identify a zone that shows various hotels ranging from 1 star hotels to 5 star hotels. The catch is that they give you the price of the hotel but you don't know the name of the hotel until you purchase. This doesn't bother me too much because there is another great website out there that spells it all out for you and even identifies many of the hotels HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment